Spoleto Festival USA is a year-round not-for-profit organization with full-time staff engaged in programming, planning, marketing, and fundraising—all to ensure that you can experience the absolute best of the performing arts each spring.
Ticket sales and other earned income cover only half the cost of producing and presenting the 150+ world-class performances you see on our stages every season. Your support means that the Festival can continue to offer dynamic, international programs of the highest caliber at competitive prices, while also ensuring that we can:
- distribute more than 800 free performance tickets through our Open Stage Door initiative each year
- provide meaningful training to young production and arts administration professionals via the Festival’s long-running Apprentice Program
- offer artist conversations, lectures, and demonstrations to promote understanding and appreciation of the arts
- conduct nationwide auditions for a Festival Orchestra that is unmatched not only in its excellence but in its importance to the careers of talented young musicians
- make artists available for community engagements and educational outreach year-round
- make investments in technology and infrastructure that support a world-class arts experience for our audiences
Support Spoleto Festival USA while enhancing your Festival experience. All donors enjoy membership benefits based on their giving levels.
Ways to Give
Give online with a secure credit card transaction, or call us at 843.724.1192.
Send a check or cash to:
Spoleto Festival USA
14 George Street
Charleston, SC 29401
Gifts of appreciated stock may help you avoid paying capital gains tax. You may make a gift of stock by advising your broker to contact our brokerage firm with the instructions for the transfer. Click here to obtain the detailed instructions. Please note that it is important to notify the Festival prior to any stock transfer in order for us to properly identify and acknowledge your gift.
Does your employer participate in a matching gift program? If so, please take a moment to maximize your gift to Spoleto Festival USA (at no cost to you) by requesting a matching gift form from your employer. Contact your HR department to find out if your company participates. Matching gifts may qualify you for additional benefits.
Honorary and Memorial Gifts
Celebrate or remember the life of someone special with a contribution to Spoleto Festival USA. Honorary and memorial gifts are a wonderful way to celebrate a loved one’s enthusiasm for the performing arts. You will receive a tax receipt and the Festival can notify the honoree or the honoree’s family members of your thoughtful contribution (upon request). The amount of your donation will be kept confidential.
IRA Charitable Rollover
If you are 70½ or older, you have a special tax-free opportunity to make a meaningful charitable gift to Spoleto Festival USA through an IRA Charitable Rollover as part of the required minimum distribution. To make a gift from your IRA, contact your IRA plan administrator or call the Festival development office at 843.724.1192 to learn more.
Planned gifts include life insurance policies, charitable gift annuities, wills, trusts, and other giving vehicles. Click below to learn more or call Associate Director of Individual Giving Caroline Poe at 843.720.1176.
Companies of all sizes are invited to explore our corporate giving options, which provide excellent exposure and benefits for businesses.