2018 Donor Pre-sale Start Dates
• Sunday, January 7: 2018 Season Announcement
• Tuesday, January 9: Spoleto Society ($1,250+)
• Thursday, January 11: Associate ($600+)
• Tuesday, January 16: Supporter ($300)
• Thursday, January 18: Friend ($100)
Tickets will be available to the general public at 10:00am on Monday, January 22. Dates for the 2018 Festival are May 25 to June 10.
Each spring for more than 40 years, Spoleto Festival USA audiences have enjoyed 17 days of brilliant and memorable artistic performances in historic Charleston. The Festival itself may be seasonal, but Spoleto Festival USA is a year-round not-for-profit enterprise with a full-time staff engaged in programming, planning, marketing, and fundraising—all to ensure that every spring you have a chance to experience the absolute best of what the performing arts have to offer. None of this would be possible without generous contributions from our donors, because ticket sales and other earned income only covers about half of the cost of producing and presenting the more than 150 world-class performances you see on our stages each season. Of course your support means that the Festival will be able to continue to offer dynamic, international programs of the highest caliber at competitive prices. But it also means that we can:
- distribute more than 800 free performance tickets through our Open Stage Door initiative each year
- provide meaningful professional training to young production and arts administration professionals via the Festival’s long-running Apprentice Program
- offer artist conversations, lectures, and demonstrations to promote understanding and appreciation
- conduct nationwide auditions for a Festival Orchestra that is unmatched not only in its excellence but in its importance to the careers of talented young musicians
- make artists available for community engagements and educational outreach
- make investments in the technology and infrastructure that support a world-class arts experience for our audiences
There are many ways large and small in which you can support the Festival’s programs and artists:
Our Individual Giving Program offers a wide range of giving options from gifts of cash and appreciated stocks to honor/memorial gifts and planned giving—all of which will provide benefits to enhance your 2015 Festival experience; individuals aged 21 to 39 are encouraged to explore Spoleto SCENE, a dynamic group of young arts enthusiasts; and corporate giving provides business exposure and benefits for companies of all sizes. We invite you to discover the many ways large and small that you can support the Festival, either by clicking on one of the options above or by calling the Development Office at (843) 724-1192.