Spoleto Festival USA is currently recruiting for the 2023 Festival Season!
Volunteer Ushers are an essential part of the Spoleto Festival USA experience. The Usher Program brings together a collective of unique energies and experiences to help make this world-class performing arts festival shine. Volunteer positions are seasonal, running from late May through the completion of the Festival in June. Specific needs of the organization include the following:
- Serve as a Festival Usher across seven renowned historic performance venues.
- Scan tickets, guide patrons, and support audience safety throughout performances.
- Create an inviting and welcoming environment for patrons.
- Help with Festival brochure distribution.
- Aid the front desk of our administrative offices at 14 George St.
Spoleto Festival Ushers get some amazing benefits.
- Work alongside artists and professionals in fine arts and music.
- Join an ever-expanding volunteer network.
- See performances from globally acclaimed artists.
- Network with likeminded individuals and build lasting relationships within the Charleston community.
- Receive complimentary tickets to select performances.
Festival Ushers must be at least 18 years old and physically capable of standing for long periods and lifting up to 25lbs. As Festival participants, ushers are required to comply with all Festival policies.
Please reach out to Kai Hoskins, Front of House Coordinator, at [email protected], with questions or concerns.