Each year, the Festival relies on the energy and experience of its volunteers and ushers to help make the world-class arts festival a success.
Volunteer positions are primarily seasonal in nature and run from January through the completion of the Festival in June. The specific needs of the organization include the following:
- assisting at the front desk of the administrative offices
- assisting with various projects in the development department such as invitation/donor mailings
- serving on special events committees and assisting with special events
- helping with Festival brochure and poster distribution
- serving as a Festival Usher at various performance venues
Spoleto Festival USA is currently recruiting for 2022 Festival Ushers on a rolling basis. Festival Ushers are volunteers and, beginning in 2022, will receive complimentary tickets to select performances based on participation. Ushers are asked to work one venue for the duration of the Festival and can observe performances they are working.
Festival Ushers must be at least 18 years old and physically capable of standing for long periods and lifting up to 25lbs. As Festival participants, ushers are required to comply with the Festival’s COVID-19 Vaccination policies, which requires full vaccination, including boosters for those eligible, prior to accepting an offer of engagement.
Please reach out to Anna Lanford, Front of House Coordinator, at [email protected], with questions or concerns.