Spoleto Festival USA is currently seeking a full-time Accounting Administrator. Duties include processing of payroll, accounts payable, purchase orders, cash receipts, bank reconciliations, journal entries, and the maintenance of all financial files. Duties also include various human resource functions involving employee on-board processing and verification, preparation for annual financial and insurance audits, and developing, following, and enforcing internal control systems. The position reports directly to the Director of Finance.
This is a full-time, year-round, salaried position. Benefits include vacation and medical leave, participation in group health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and life insurance plans. During the production and run of the Festival (April – June), some evenings and weekends will be required.
• A Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis or major in accounting; or five + years accounting experience, including technical accounting knowledge, hands-on payroll, and accounts payable experience is required.
• Functional and experienced with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office suite products is required.
• Experience with Financial Edge, Tessitura, non-profits and/or the arts are a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to write clear instructions and explanations are also required.
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
Spoleto Festival USA seeks a Director of Marketing and Public Relations to oversee all marketing, press, and public relations initiatives. Responsibilities include: strategic planning; sales data analysis in order to identify trends and opportunities; overseeing the development of all collateral materials including brochures, postcards, and the Festival program book; managing all web-based marketing efforts including website design and functionality, email, and social media; generating successful press placement for Festival programs and special events in local, regional, and national media outlets; serving as the Festival’s spokesperson in the local community; managing full-time staff of two, and seasonal staff members.
Benefits include vacation and medical leave, participation in group health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and life insurance plans.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of related experience
• Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal
• Ability to think strategically and respond quickly
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
• • •
The Transportation Coordinator will arrange travel and transportation for over 500 Festival artists. Responsibilities include working with artists and companies to purchase individual and group travel and coordinating all group and individual arrivals and departures as well as proper reception and/or delivery of freight. The Transportation Coordinator will also manage all local artist transportation; arrange car and bus rentals; handle parking permits and street closures; and hire, schedule, and supervise Festival drivers.
Candidates must have prior administrative experience, be highly detail-oriented and have very strong organizational, communication, and computer skills, especially in Excel. The ability to think fast and problem-solve under pressure is a must. Prior experience with arranging travel and/or complex transportation schedules a plus.
Position will begin February 4 and end in mid-June. Extensive evening and weekend time commitment is essential beginning April through the end of the Festival; must be willing to be on call around the clock during this period.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Transportation Coordinator Search, Spoleto Festival USA, 14 George St, Charleston, SC 29401 or to email@example.com with the subject line “Transportation Coordinator Search.” Applications must be received by December 3 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
• • •
INDIVIDUAL GIVING AND STEWARDSHIP MANAGER
Spoleto Festival USA is currently seeking an experienced fundraising professional to manage and grow the individual giving programs with gifts ranging from $100 to $25,000, but particularly focusing on the Spoleto Society program of $1250 and above gifts. The long-term goal is two-fold; to increase the number of $1250 plus donors and the average gift size; and raise major gifts from a pool of over 600 annual donors and selected ticket buyers.
The Manager develops strategy and manages all operational aspects of individual prospect and donor cultivation, solicitation, recognition, and stewardship. Reports to the Director of Development, but works very closely with the Associate Director of Major and Planned Gifts and General Director. The ideal candidate will have exemplary relationship building skills and a strong passion for the institution.
• Create a yearly solicitation plan for identifying and securing annual fund support from and stewardship of individual donors. Serve as liaison for all annual giving opportunities.
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship
• Manage cultivation, stewardship and recognition programs for individual low and middle donors and work closely with the Director of Development on cultivation, stewardship and recognition programs for major donors.
• Cultivate leads for individual middle and major gifts and assist in moves management for middle and major donors and prospects.
• Manage engagement activities for Director of Development, General Director, and volunteers with major donor engagement, including prioritizing donor pipelines, and maintaining solicitation and stewardship schedules, and follow-up to document findings from prospect contacts. Help prepare materials for prospect meetings.
• Create compelling materials for solicitations including personalized correspondence from volunteers, email blasts, direct mail appeals, and printed information.
• Manage specific donor events during the Festival and assist on all other special events throughout the year.
• Oversee the membership program of SCENE our group of supporters in their 20’s and 30’s.
• Manage all aspects of the direct mail campaigns including production and scheduling of the pieces. Define goals, implement strategy and analyze results.
• Work with the Director of Development to determine the appropriate mailing lists for the annual campaign mailing and other direct mail projects
• Work closely with the Development Operations Manager on processing gifts, tracking reports, direct mail appeals, and acknowledgments.
• Develop strategies for upgrading donors, converting ticket buyers to donors, and increasing retention rates.
• Work closely with Assoc. Dir. Major and Planned Gifts on conducting research on existing and prospective donors and maintaining a tracking system to ensure information is consistently and completely recorded in Tessitura and shared as appropriate.
• Minimum of five years of work experience in fundraising or a related field, with at least two years of direct experience in successfully securing funds from individuals or in a related field.
• Experience writing solicitation communications materials including appeal letters and collateral materials.
• Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to effectively track and manage many relationships at the same time.
• Track record of success in fundraising through direct mail and social media an added plus.
• Must have initiative and be a self-starter.
• Strong project management and organizational abilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be a team player.
• Must be deadline-oriented and computer literate with an emphasis on donor/customer databases and online research tools.
• Flexible, adaptable as priorities change, and willing to step in and provide assistance as needed in other areas of the institution.
• Detail-oriented, have good analytical abilities, high energy level and be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
• Ability to get along with diverse personalities, while displaying tact, maturity and flexibility.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
• • •
Artist Services Winter Apprentice
About the position: The Artist Services Apprentice will primarily assist the Producing Assistant and the Company Manager with a wide range of tasks including coordination of artist arrivals and departures; administration of welcome and backstage hospitality; compilation of artist information relating to housing, transportation, and hospitality needs; and administrative tasks such as data entry, correspondence, and the preparation of mailings and artist welcome packets.
Candidate should have excellent organizational and time management skills and a professional demeanor, and solid computing skills. Fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is helpful. The ability to set priorities, work collaboratively, take initiative, and anticipate and solve problems is necessary.
Position will begin in February and be part-time (5 – 10 hours per week) with flexible hours until May. In May, the position will become full-time and evening and weekend time commitment will be necessary from then until June 9. The position will end in mid-June.
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Artist Services Apprentice Search, Spoleto Festival USA, 14 George St, Charleston, SC 29401 or to email@example.com with the subject line “Artist Services Apprentice Search.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
No phone calls, please.