Assistant Director of Major and Planned Giving
Spoleto Festival USA in Charleston, SC, is currently seeking an experienced fundraising professional to manage the Festival’s Endowment Campaign and long range program support. The Assistant Director of Major and Planned Giving develops strategy and oversees all aspects of corporate and individual prospect and donor cultivation—including research, solicitation, recognition, and stewardship–for endowment campaign and program support. This position reports to the Director of Development, but also works very closely with the General Director and Board of Directors.
• Refine and improve upon an endowment solicitation plan for donors and prospects with Director of Development and Individual Giving and Stewardship Manager
• Assist Director of Development and General Director with prospects, particularly in all aspects of moves management
• Know how to research and identify prospects
• Grow the Bravo Society the Festival’s planned giving program
• Craft a compelling case for support and create endowment materials as needed: including personalized correspondence, institutional website pages, direct mail appeals, brochures, and other printed materials.
• Travel for meetings with current donors and prospects
• Analyze donor and ticket data
Candidates will have had at least seven years of development experience in a nonprofit environment with exemplary relationship building skills with individuals, and a strong passion for the performing arts is a definite plus. Three years of individual fundraising experience and practical knowledge of how capital/endowment campaigns function is required. This position requires a high level of interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills; exceptional attention to detail; and the ability to effectively manage multiple, simultaneous relationships.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a self-starter with the ability to independently prioritize work efforts
• Be able to engage people in a confident, professional manner and get them to commit to the institution
• Knowledge of planned giving instruments is useful
• Be flexible and willing to provide assistance as needed in other areas of development
• Experience with online prospect research tools required
• Experience with Tessitura software and social media fundraising a plus
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.