PARTICIPANT CATEGORY – SPECIFIC PROTOCOLS
Participant Category Definition – Orchestra
Orchestra members are defined as those performers appearing on-stage with the Spoleto Festival USA Orchestra.
These roles are classified as Spoleto Festival USA employees.
Rehearsals and Performances
- Strings musicians and percussionists are required to mask when possible, during rehearsals and performances, both onstage and in the orchestra pit. These musicians will be considered MASKED Orchestra Members.
- Wind and brass musicians are not required to wear masks during rehearsals or performances. These musicians will be considered UNMASKED Orchestra Members.
- The Director of each production may adapt the rehearsal masking protocol at their discretion. However, no Director may require mask removal during rehearsals.
- Optional or voluntary mask-wearing during rehearsal is at the discretion of the performer.
- Performers must put masks on as soon as they are offstage and at all other times inside the facility.
- Performers will make a best effort to adhere to any direction that will limit the spread of COVID-19.
- At home COVID-19 tests will be delivered each week.
- UNMASKED Orchestra Members will perform daily at home testing before leaving their accommodation.
- MASKED Orchestra Members will perform 2 at home tests per week on non-consecutive days.
- Text all test result image (photo or scan) to Haley Carter, Health Policy Coordinator, at 843.817.8175
- If an individual tests positive for COVID-19 that individual will immediately quarantine, and care will be arranged with a Festival provided physician.
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 will isolate for 5 days.
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 will wear a well-fitting mask anytime they are around others for 10 days.
- Wind/brass players can return to work after two negative antigen tests administered at least 24 hours apart.
- If an individual is symptomatic for COVID-19 but tests negative with a self-administered daily test, that individual will be provided with a PCR test with the Festival’s medical provider.
- FESTIVAL will provide isolated and/or extended accommodation as necessary for COVID-19 positive individuals.
- Festival drivers will be used to transport artists to and from the airport and venues and to a COVID PCR testing location as deemed necessary.
- Masks are required inside all Festival-provided transportation.