PARTICIPANT CATEGORY – SPECIFIC PROTOCOLS
Participant Category Definition – Opera Performers & Chamber Performers & Creatives
Opera Singers, Opera Creatives, and Chamber Performers are defined as those performers appearing on-stage for either of the Festival-produced operas (Omar & La Boheme) or the Bank of America Chamber Series as well as any creatives or creative support staff engaged for those productions to include directors, stage, scenic, costume, lighting, video, audio designers, choreographers, wranglers, fight directors, chorus masters, and their related assistant roles and support staff.
These roles are classified as independent contractors and are not required to submit vaccination documents (per recent changes to South Carolina state law).
Rehearsals and Performances
- All singing, speaking, or other on-stage performers are required to wear masks unless actively performing onstage for a dress rehearsal or audience.
- Wind and brass musicians are not required to wear masks during rehearsals or performances.
- String musicians and percussionists are required to wear masks unless actively performing onstage for a dress rehearsal or audience.
- All creatives are required to wear masks at all times.
- Performers must put masks on as soon as they are offstage and at all other times inside the facility.
- Performers will make a best effort to adhere to any direction that will limit the spread of COVID-19.
Covid-19 Daily Testing:
- At-home COVID-19 tests will be delivered to rehearsals each week.
- Artists will perform daily at home testing before leaving their accommodation.
- Text all test result image (photo or scan) to Haley Carter, Health Policy Coordinator, at 843.817.8175
- If an individual tests positive for COVID-19 that individual will immediately quarantine, and care will be arranged with a Festival provided physician.
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 will isolate for 5 days.
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 will wear a well-fitting mask anytime they are around others for 10 days.
- Wind/brass players can return to work after two negative antigen tests administered at least 24 hours apart.
- If an individual is symptomatic for COVID-19 but tests negative with a self-administered daily test, that individual will be provided with a PCR test with the Festival’s medical provider.
- FESTIVAL will provide isolated and/or extended accommodation as necessary for COVID-19 positive individuals.
- Festival drivers will be used to transport artists to and from the airport and venues and to a COVID PCR testing location as deemed necessary.
- Masks are required inside all Festival-provided transportation.