PARTICIPANT CATEGORY – SPECIFIC PROTOCOLS
Participant Category Definition – Backstage
Backstage will be considered as any Festival venue space during rehearsal, performance, and production, including, but not limited to dressing rooms, restrooms, tech booths, spot booths, stage, box office, performance halls, interconnected hallways, and lobby locations.
Backstage protocol will apply to anyone backstage including, but not limited to production staff, artists, administrative staff, venue staff, and public safety staff. Employees and independent contractors will follow backstage protocol.
Rehearsals and Performances
- Employees and independent contractors are required to wear a mask anytime a mask can be worn while backstage.
- All singing, speaking, or other on-stage performers are required to wear masks unless actively performing onstage for a dress rehearsal or audience.
- Masks are not required when outdoors, or while actively eating or drinking.
- Best efforts will be made to quickly re-mask after eating and drinking.
- Performers must put masks on as soon as they are offstage and at all other times inside the facility.
- Employees and independent contractors will make a best effort to adhere to any direction that will limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Self-tests and rapid PCR tests are available upon request. Contact Haley Carter, Health Policy Coordinator, at 843.817.8175 for assistance.
- Festival drivers may be used to transport Employees to a COVID PCR testing location as deemed necessary.
- Masks are required inside all Festival provided transportation.
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 will isolate for 5 days.
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 will wear a well-fitting mask for 10 days.
- If an individual is symptomatic for COVID-19 but tests negative with a self-administered daily test, that individual will be provided with a PCR test with the Festival’s medical provider.
- FESTIVAL will provide isolated and/or extended accommodation as necessary for COVID-19 positive individuals.